March 3, 2022
5 Very Important Things to Know About Plant-Based Diet
By Leonel Hessel
There could be many reasons why someone chooses a plant-based diet over regular dietary options. Mostly, the reason for someone to switch to a plant-based diet is health concerns or animal rights.
If you are someone planning to thread the path of a plant-based diet, then read on to understand some crucial information about a plant-based diet and how it can change your life forever.
Meaning of plant-based diet
A plant-based diet means that a person who follows it is expected to include vegetables and other products derived from plants as the larger portion of their daily diet.
While doing so, they would not necessarily outcast animal products 100%, but would limit the use of animal-derived products to a minimum.
Here are 5 sets of useful information that you shouldn’t miss if you are already following a plant-based diet or that you plan to start on one.
- A plant-based diet can include vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, wholegrain, beans, seeds, herbs, and spices.
- Generally, a plant-based diet shouldn’t contain animal-derived food items. As opposed to the general belief that if you avoid all the food directly derived from animals only then you are mistaken.
- In a plant-based diet, food items like fast food, sweetened beverages, packaged foods, and refined grains should be avoided.
- The best possible way to strictly adhere to a plant-based diet is by ordering food items that have Global plant based certification.
- A plant-based diet is very different from a vegan or vegetarian diet. Living on a plant-based diet requires heavy determination and willpower. Above all, one should be well informed about the pros and cons of living on a plant-based diet before choosing such a lifestyle.
Relevance of Global Plant-Based Certification
Like many other food industry standards, Plant-based certification is also gaining quick momentum among the masses.
With many people opting for the plant-based diet as a staple formula, the Global Plant-Based Certification is becoming very relevant lately.
A global plant-based certification on a food product will ensure that the food is derived completely from plant-based raw materials and not even far derivatives of animal products are used in it.
Also, a global plant-based certification means that the company that manufactures the goods is under constant surveillance of the organization.
So, always remember to check for the global plant-based certification on the packing before opening any packets of food items you consume. It is not just a certification, but a promise to a better and healthier life.